The Adaptive Community Leadership course builds individual skills and relationships for the greater good.
- Adaptive Leadership- offers skills to lead people through difficult, messy & complex challenges using systems thinking. Adaptive change involves an honest examination of current roles, norms, values & priorities, how they maintain the status quo & how they need to evolve to catalyze equitable change.
- 3 Systems:
- Team & Organization
- 4 competencies
- Leadership & management of self
- Adaptive Campaigns
- Systems thinking & community perspective
- Racial Equity- is a key element of leadership.Understanding how racism operates as a system is essential for any modern leader. Diverse communities require us to lead with, not for, the people affected by decisions. Work closely with people from diverse backgrounds & get more comfortable with discomfort.
- LE gives you the tools you need. Create an environment for having hard conversations authentically, without erasing our differences. Practice learning in public and inviting divergent perspectives, and finding the deep value in both.
2-year Adaptive Community Leadership Experience
Participation in LE’s Adaptive Community Leadership two-year program will require you to challenge your own beliefs, and be open to dismantling the systems in your community that prevent needed changes from happening. This process requires courage, compassion and empathy as you will be witness to your cohort’s learning and they yours. Within a multicultural cohort learning environment you will be introduced to Adaptive Community Leadership concepts, and challenged to apply those concepts to current regional issues.
Upon graduation, you will have gained the ability to recognize systems and uncover the often unspoken values and fears that are supporting the status quo. You will have learned how to leverage the conflict that arises during this discovery process to move the community towards a shared vision. You will have a shared common language with the expansive network of LE graduates working together to facilitate the tough conversations that are so desperately needed in our community.
The journey you take within yourself and alongside your cohort will leave the way you approach challenges in your community, professional and personal life forever changed!
First Year: Begins with a September Welcome Reception
- 2 days in October (Kickoff), 1 Thursday per month November - June (10 days total).
- 3-5 hours outside of class: class pre-work, reading, connecting with class members, and team development.
- Focus is on learning Adaptive Community Leadership principles, concepts and building a strong class cohort.
Second Year: Begins in September
- 2 days in September (Kickoff), 1 Thursday per month Oct-May, no Dec class (9 days total).
- 8-10 hours outside of class for your team project.
- Focus is on putting year-one learnings into practice and growing as leaders.
2-year Tuition is $4,000 - Scholarships Available!
Early-bird tuition is $3,500 through July 2022.
- Scholarships and payment plans are available.
- We have a scholarship fund specifically designated to ensure underrepresented students have access to the program.
- We offer support for candidates who are working to have their employers pay for the course, inquire within.
- Tuition is due prior to the first class day of class in October.
- We ask individuals to pay 10% of the tuition. If this is a barrier for you, we have scholarships in place.
- A $500 tuition deposit is due after admission to hold your place in the program.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.