Take your seat at the table.
You can make a difference in the lives of people with disabilities.Are you looking for a way to give back to your community? Do you have spare time and want to share your expertise with a team eager to learn? You can make all that happen and grow your own professional development at the same time!
AtWork! is seeking talented and motivated community members to join its Board. Applicants should be enthusiastic about improving and enriching the lives of people with disabilities in their community.
- Develop and monitor the strategic planning for the agency.
- Develop and monitor policies that guide the operation of the agency and the Board.
- Communicate the agency’s mission to the community and advocate on its behalf.
- Approve an annual budget and monitor the financial management of the agency.
- Individually make financial contributions to the agency and actively participate in fundraising activities on behalf of the agency.
- Ensure legal and ethical accountability of the agency and its activities.
- Determine the merit and strength of programs engaged in by the agency.
Meetings of the Board are held monthly at 6:00pm on the 4th Monday of each month at the AtWork! Bellevue Headquarters. Committees of the Board meet more frequently, pursuant to their assignments as defined by the Board of Directors.
Members of the Board are elected by the Board of Directors currently in office. Terms are for three (3) years and a Director may serve up to two (2) successive terms. Individual Board members are asked by the President of the Board to serve on one or more committees of the Board.