We believe that communities are stronger when people have places to go to be active and social together. We believe that aquatic activities are the healthiest way to stay active for people of all ages and abilities. In a great region like ours, we believe our community deserves ready access to world-class public aquatic facilities that serve our shared needs for health, exercise, water safety, and social connection. We envision a world where everyone is safe around water and has equitable access to best-in-class aquatic centers that are vibrant places of pride and inclusive for all. Our mission is to build healthier, stronger, and safer communities by creating equitable access to aquatic facilities and programs that build essential life skills, inclusion, connection, and active lifestyles.
SPLASHForward, on behalf of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities, is leading the advocacy efforts to bring a state-of- the-art sustainable regional aquatics center and satellite facilities to the Eastside. We aim to go beyond meeting the aquatic and wellness needs of the community. We envision an accessible, culturally inclusive, operationally efficient and vibrant hub built on a foundation of lasting local partnerships for many generations to come. We are currently working in partnership with the City of Bellevue, Bellevue School District, King County, and local community groups to bring a world class regional public aquatics facility to Bellevue at Bellevue Airfield Park.
Our volunteer Board has an immediate need for a Board Secretary. Meetings are held once a month virtually with some in-person meetings in Bellevue. Time commitment is roughly three to five hours a month. We are a WA State nonprofit and a 501(c)(3) tax exempt public charity. Secretary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure all Board actions are documented
- Take Board meeting minutes including count of votes during meetings
- Take Committee meeting minutes as needed
- Distribute necessary background information on agenda items in advance of meetings (board packet)
- File the approved minutes, certificates of insurance, and maintain the official list of Board members
- Ensure that all notices are duly given in accordance with the provisions of the bylaws or as required by law
- Ensures the monthly calendar is followed and kept up to date
- Maintain Board Manual
- Nonprofit experience preferred. Prior Board experience is a plus, but not required. Attendance at monthly Board meetings on the first Tuesday of the month 11:30am – 1pm required.
- Please send qualifications to email@example.com and describe why this sounds like the right opportunity for you!
Susan Pappalardo, President and Co-Founder