Elected Officials Essentials 2023
Following municipal elections every other year, AWC offers our signature Elected Officials Essentials Workshop on a Saturday in early December. This year, the main event will be hosted in Olympia, with live streams at regional locations across the state. Check out the locations:
- Battle Ground
- Gig Harbor
- Mount Vernon
- Olympia – AWC office
- Wenatchee – Confluence Technology Center
- West Richland
- 100% online
New and seasoned elected officials alike benefit from this training event, which explores their most critical legal and functional responsibilities in office. What’s more, participation in this event fulfills the Open Government Trainings Act’s specific training requirements for elected officials (including public records, records retention, and open public meetings) which must be completed by all elected officials within 90 days of taking office and every four years as a refresher.
- Understand your roles and responsibilities and the basic legal obligations and liabilities of elected officials
- Learn important ethical considerations to keep you on the right side of the law
- Examine real-world municipal legal scenarios
- Network with other city leaders
- Explore what makes your work at city hall meaningful, and discover how your leadership helps shape your community
This event is for mayors, councilmembers, city managers/administrators, and clerks.
Share this flyer with prospective candidates at your city today! Registration opens October 11th.