The Renton Equity Commission will provide an annual report to the Council on goals, outcomes, and recommendations for future goals.
Appointment, Term, and Membership
• Total 9 members appointed by the Mayor, confirmed by Council.
• At initial appointment
• 3 members for 1 year
• 3 members for 2 years
• 3 members for 3 years
• Terms shall be from January 1 of appointment year through December 31 of the term of expiration year.
• Members should reflect the diversity of the city but not limited to ethnicity, race, age, gender, faith, gender identity and expression, and profession. It is possible that not every group may be represented.
• The Mayor shall develop and post a procedure for Renton residents or business owners to apply for membership on the Renton Equity Commission.
• The procedure shall include a public notice for applicants.
• Provision for interview protocols for all applicants