Renton Municipal Arts Commission (RMAC) was formed by Resolution 1320, on August 9, 1965. Overseeing an annual budget, the commission is charged with the responsibility of acting in an advisory capacity to city government in connection with the artistic and cultural development of the city.
The commission strives to support and connect people with arts and culture endeavors in the Renton community. The goals include:
- Enrich and increase participation and awareness of the cultural and artist community.
- Serve as Renton’s source for arts information
- Increase funding opportunities for arts and culture programs
- Advocate for arts education at all levels
- Advise the city on arts-related projects and public art.