What is ELI?
- ELI is a job board that lists volunteering opportunities, leadership development programs, government commission openings, and board position openings on the Eastside of Washington State. Check out our visions and background on our About Us page.
How does ELI work?
- The way the platform works is to connect anyone interested in giving back to the community through volunteering or participating in the civic process into open roles on the Eastside. From those with zero experience or familiarity with their community to those running for city council, we hope to inspire and create leaders on the Eastside.
Is this the same as Leadership Eastside?
- No, Leadership Eastside is a different entity. Leadership Eastside is skills-based program focused on teaching Adaptive Leadership, Systems Thinking, Thrival, Gracious Space and Racial Equity. See their 2 year ACL program and website here. Whereas ELI is not offering programs yet, we plan on expanding this fall to incorporate trainings and mentorship.
Is ELI a part of the Bellevue Chamber?
- The Eastside Leadership Initiative was established in 2021 by the Bellevue Chamber of Commerce with the goal to connect Eastside leaders with service, training, and professional development.
Are salaried jobs posted here?
- No, salaried jobs are not posted on the ELI platform. We do post volunteer openings, government commissions, and board positions that open up around the Eastside.
How can I post an opportunity?
- It is a very easy two-step process to post an opportunity.
- 1. Fill out your organization's details.
- 2. Upload the listing for your opportunity.
- Click here to get started.
Who is the point of contact for ELI?
- To reach the ELI for openings, questions, comments, concerns, and/or inquiries please reach out to Gavin Haines, Director of ELI.