We Are the Medic One Foundation
The Medic One Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives by improving pre-hospital emergency care. Through fundraising, advocacy, and collaboration, we support critical programs and initiatives that have a significant impact on the number of lives saved by our region’s Medic One emergency medical system.
To save lives by improving pre-hospital emergency care.
No one dies from a treatable medical emergency.
- More than forty years of demonstrated success in supporting research in new methods of out-of-hospital patient care.
- Free of government and political influence to ensure that pre-hospital emergency care is physician-directed.
- Guided by medical advisors who are internationally recognized as experts in their field.
- Careful stewardship of the community’s philanthropic dollars.
- Collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, including fire departments, community hospitals, the University of Washington, and Harborview Medical Center.
What We Do
WE HELP REDEFINE THE STANDARDS FOR PRE-HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE
The Medic One Foundation is a vital link in our region’s Medic One system, helping to ensure and advance a level of pre-hospital emergency care that is second to none. Funded solely through charitable contributions, our programs are a major reason why Seattle and King County firefighters and paramedics consistently achieve patient survival rates for sudden cardiac arrest that are nearly double the national average.