What is Fire Corps?
- Fire Corps is part of the Department of Homeland Security Citizen Corps Program and a companion to the CERT Program (Community Emergency Response Teams)
- Eastside Fire Corps is managed and operated by Eastside Fire & Rescue and preforms duties such as:
- Firefighter Rehab
- Backup & Disaster Communications, both at the stations and with COM-181 mobile.
- Event Medical – Examples include Sammamish 4th of July, Tunnel Marathon, Stair Climb for Charity
- Logistical Support
- Blood Pressure Clinics
- Public Education
- Training and Exercises
- Attract and engage passionate volunteers from within our service area and adjacent communities.
- By drawing on a larger pool of volunteers we can gain from their experience and best practices
- By providing area-wide training and exercises we will be better prepared to interoperate with each other
- Build a larger resource of volunteers and a “bench” of leaders to ensure stability and future growth.
- Unified commitment
- Engage and serve our community
- Clearly defined roles, responsibilities and reporting structure
- Encourage personal development and skills training
- Recruitment, recognition, retention
- Provide a personally satisfying experience to every volunteer
Learn more about the program contact Fire Corps.